Peach Ricotta Basil Flatbread
This is not your average pizza! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savoury, and uses seasonal summer ingredients. Cut it into small squares to serve as a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Rectangular rosemary focaccia
- I used a store bought version. You can also buy a regular pizza crust, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle dried rosemary on top
- Buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Ontario peaches, sliced
- Fresh basil
- Caramelized onions
- I used PC Black Menu jarred caramelized onions for convenience
- Alternatively, you can cook onions in a pan with butter and brown sugar, stirring often. The longer you cook, the more caramelized they will be.
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush focaccia with a light layer of olive oil
- Place sliced peaches, buffalo mozzarella, and caramelized onions – amount can vary depending on size of crust and personal preference
- Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is melted (about 10 minutes)
- Place fresh basil on top, and drizzle with balsamic glaze
Xo, Nutritious Niks