Sweet Potato Pancakes
Embracing fall with seasonal vegetables, including sweet potatoes. I love that you can use them in both sweet and savoury dishes. Elevate your next brunch with these gluten-free sweet potato pancakes, that are nicely spiced, not too sweet, and provide a source of vitamin A.
- 1 cup almond flour (or wheat flour if not gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 egg (if vegan, can try flax egg: 1 tbsp flax seed in 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Microwave sweet potato until cooked and easily mashable. Remove skin.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until well combined (batter will be thick).
- Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto pan. Flip when batter starts to bubble, and fry until each side is golden brown.
- Recommended toppings: almond butter, pure maple syrup, sliced banana, almonds or pecans, plain yogurt
Xo, Nutritious Niks